Rainbow Mountain Full Day Tour
Throughout the Andes we find the wonderful rainbow mountain (vinicunca). Enjoy this tour in the Andes with beautiful landscapes, glaciers, snowy mountain peaks.
We will pick you up at the hotel between 04:40 – 05:10 hrs to head south of the city of Cuzco, travel time 2 hours and 45 minutes to the JAPURA community where we will have our breakfast, then we will continue for 15 more minutes to Pitumarca (Quesiyono) 4,400msnm approx.
From where we will start our hike along an easily accessible path for an estimated time of 3 hours (the passenger can rent a horse) to reach the Rainbow Mountain, we will see magical landscapes located at 5,000 meters above sea level approx.
After enjoying the wonder that our mother nature presents, we will return by the same route, where our transport awaits us and then we will travel for 15 minutes to lunch, later we will return to Cusco, approximately we will arrive at 6:00 or 7 : 00pm. ends in the Plaza Regocijo.
- Duration: Full day (4:30 – 18:00 hrs.)
- Distance: 8 km / 4.97 miles.
- Minimum altitude: 4,638 m / 15,216 p.
- Maximum altitude: 5,020 m / 16,466 p
- Difficulty: Challenging
PRICE PER PERSON: USD 35.00
«Prices are not valid for holidays, Easter, national holidays, New Year, some holidays and long weekends»
- Professional tour guide english / spanish.
- Pick up at the hotel.
- Buffet lunch.
- Entrance Tickets.
- Permanent assistance.
does not include:
- Horse rental.
- Walking stick.
What should we take to the mountain of 7 colors?
- Original passport (if you have purchased a new one after making your reservation, bring both).
- Rain jacket / poncho.
- Winter hat and gloves.
- Rain pants.
- Sun block, recommended factor 35+.
- Sunglasses and sun hat.
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down faster at high altitudes.
- Trekking poles (especially recommended for steep descents, can be rented from us).
- Tours are in shared service.
- The tour starts at 05:10 hrs, but pick up at hotels (around the historic center) starts from 04:30 hrs. or more if your hotel is far away, the meeting point will be indicated.
- The service culminates in the Plaza Regocijo of Cusco (2 blocks from the Plaza de Armas), only if the hotel is on the way back, mobility can leave passengers in their hotel.
- Children: From the age of 5 they pay the same rate, children under 5 years old fit in the legs of their parents.
- In case of No show, cancellations or postponements will be charged 100%.