Terms and Conditions of Tourist Services
Thank you for choosing Inka Explorer for your next vacation. Next we ask you to carefully read the information on this page which contains the TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE CONTRACTING OF TOURIST SERVICES with our company:
1.-Passenger information management:
To make the reservation we will request personal information which will be used in a strictly confidential manner.
- Full name.
- Save the date of birth.
- Medical Condition (essential for adventure tours).
- Food Requirements
- Copy of your passport.
To confirm the reservation of any of our services except the guided service in Machu Picchu. You must make an initial payment of 50% of the total price of the requested service.
- Payments through our website with the following cards: viza, mastercard, american express, diners club.
- Online payments through PAYPAL.
- Deposits through bank transfer.
Commissions: All payment methods generate commissions, which vary depending on the modality. Therefore it is important to emphasize that it is the client who will bear the costs of them.
Rates in dollars: All rates are expressed in US dollars and include taxes and rates applicable to foreign tourists and Peruvians not resident in Peru.
Reservation confirmation: Once we receive your personal information and 50% payment for the requested services, we will send you an email within 24 hours with the Confirmation Form (this document will include all the details of the contracted service).
3.-Payment of the Balance or Remaining:
- The outstanding balance must be paid upon arrival in the city of Cusco or before the start of services and at our central office.
- Failure to pay the outstanding balance will make it impossible for you to participate in the contracted services (in no case will the company make any refund of the initial payment).
4.-About Air Tickets and Train Tickets:
All air tickets and / or train tickets are entirely non-refundable.
5.-Modifications of itineraries by the client:
- Any type of modification by the client generates penalties which will be assumed by the same client.
- It is important to emphasize that with respect to air tickets, train tickets and income to the Inca Trail, no modification is allowed for any reason.
- Nor is the change of ownership of the service allowed.
6.-About the INCA ROAD tours and alternative walks ...
- MODIFICATIONS: Changes in date, ownership, route and others concerning the Inca Trail, are not feasible and are not refundable in any way.
- NO SHOWS: In the event that customers do not show up for the completion of the Inca Trail, no refund will be made considering it a NO SHOW.
7.-Cancellations by the client
In case of cancellation of the service up to 2 weeks before, only 20% of the initial payment made will be returned. With the exception of Inca Trail and alternative treks there is no refund under any circumstances.
The following services: the Inca Trail, alternate treks, air tickets and / or train tickets, do not apply to cancellation or refund.
8.-Responsibilities of the Passenger or Client.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to provide reliable information in order to proceed with reservations.
- It is mandatory that the client bring the passport or travel document with which he made the reservation.
- It is advisable to have travel insurance before leaving your country.
- For cases of hiking and / or adventure tours, it is essential that clients over 65 have a medical certificate of good health.
- If the passenger shows the following signs: drunkenness, use of toxic substances, mental disorders. For security measures, we reserve the right to suspend the contracted service.
- In case the client fails to comply with the established itinerary and this causes delays, losses or other inconveniences, the client will be responsible for them.
- There will be NO possibility of reimbursement when the services are in full development and on a regular basis, and the client, by his own will, decides not to continue with them.
- If the passenger comes with minors, they will have to present the necessary documents of the minor (DNI or Passport of the minor, DNI or passport of the father or mother).
- Also, as a requirement to travel with a minor, it will be necessary to present a notarized letter certified and signed by the notary and by the parents (This authorization is valid for 90 days and must be delivered to the Peruvian immigration authority to allow the departure from the child’s country and is valid only once.)
9.-Criteria to suspend the activity and / or service.
The following are the criteria to suspend the activity in the contracted services.
- Social problems (stoppages, strikes).
- Health conditions not suitable for the passenger.
- Conditions for intake of alcohol and / or toxic substances.
- Emergency zone decreed by the state or competent body.
- Mutual agreement with the client.
- Leaving the group by the client.
- Natural disasters.
Additionally for people suffering from pre-existing diseases (arterial hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases, locomotor system problems, diabetes, asthma, history of altitude sickness, people suffering from acrophobia or panic at heights and others) should come with evaluation medical from their place of origin and with the relevant medication.
Remember that both medicine and insurance are preventive.